Friday, June 27, 2008

The Charge of the Goddess

The Charge of the Goddess
Posted by: "Katy_Ravensong"
yahoo group greenwitchgarden
Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:06 pm (PDT)

another goodie from our files (from my favorite author)

The Charge of the Goddess
by Maggie Shayne

I am darkness as well as light,
Mistress of Death but also of life,
Bow before me on this night
and worship both my black and bright!

By myriad names have I been known
I rule both Hel* and heaven's throne
I rain my love upon my own
be they en masse or one alone!

If a gift you would receive
Come to be by darksome eve,
In forest glens my altars dwell
So dance, rejoice and cast the spell!

All the secrets shall be known
The chains that held you now disown
I crush them with the force of love
For as below, so is above!

I'll teach you all the mysteries,
The circle of life and rebirth, is me!
And the only sacrifice I ask
Is that you love, that is is your task,

Love me, that you surely do,
But love your fellow humans too,
For surely as I live in thee,
I live in each of them, you see.

For every breath and every stone
and every being is mine to own
From me they come, to me they go
We all are one, As above, so below!

______________

No comments: