Sunday, August 17, 2008

Historical Atlas of Religions (Historical Atlas) Historical Atlas of Religions by Karen Farrington


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Checked this out of the library. It is really just a "primary" level book, but it does cover some lesser knows beliefs, and some interesting articles. Rather non-biased too, and I do appreciate that. Of course it covers Judeo-Christian-Islamic beliefs and origins, but also covers Hinduism, Buddhism, Tao, Confucianism, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Sikhism,Shinto, the beliefs of the Australian Aborigines, Native Americans (north, central and south- I believe), Rasta, Voodoo, Old Norse, Old Greek/Roman, Egyptian, Maori, Easter Island, Quakers, Reformation, Moon, Theosophy, and several more.



Like I said, it's just an overview, introductory book, but a good simple format.


View all my reviews.

No comments: